Thursday, November 1, 2012

REVIEW: ELF EYEBROW and BLUSH

Hey!! sorry for the lack of posts,
midterms have been piling for the past 3-4 weeks.
it has been almost impossible to take pictures,
 ... well not impossible but it has been pretty.

*small disclaimer: all my reviews are my HONEST opinion,
i do not get paid to review things, all items are bought with my money.*
(if not someone else's JOKESSSSSSS) LOL.

SO ON TO THE REVIEW

E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) is a cosmetic brand founded in '04.
they sell really affordable makeup,
some as good (or even better) as high end makeup brands.
and some... not so much.

I only purchased 3 items: Eyebrow Kit, Eyebrow Treat & Tame, and Blush


ELF STUDIO BLUSH in Candid Coral

I previously owned that huge set of elf eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers, lipgloss.. w.e
and one of the products that I adored in that set WAS THIS.
THERE IS NO BLUSH COLOUR COMPARABLE TO THIS.
(kay maybe there is and i'm too stubborn to admit it)

It applies VERY smoothly, pigmented, and EMERGHED THE COLOUR.
The packaging is pretty cute and compact.AND THERE IS A MIRROR.
BUT. it fades and doesn't stay on for long, so you might find yourself touching up.
and if you touch up too much you might find that there's a build up of shimmer
than the actual colour itself... but what can you ask for from a $3 product.




ELF EYEBROW KIT in Light

I underestimated this product.
I ADMIT IT.
when i first opened it, the product looked lighter than i thought,
and the "gel" felt really smooth.. a little TOO smooth..
so i was slightly skeptical that it would melt/wipe off easily.
I WAS WRONG. 
it is DARKER (not too dark) and creates a much more natural looking brow 
i actually like this a lot more than my eyebrow pencil * A *

oh and the brush is really really soft. = w =





ELF EYEBROW TREAT & TAME in Medium

This is the 2nd time I've bought this product.
I LOVE IT!
it is perfect if you want to make your brows lighter to match your hair.
it is cheap, inexpensive, and there's quite a bit.
compared to the canmake or other brands,
this does a REALLY good job,
it does not clump, it applies evenly, and the colour is natural!
ALSO IT DOES NOT SMUDGE ALL OVER.
FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN OR HUMID CLIMATES.
THIS EYEBROW MASCARA IS YOUR WIN.

BUT. i don't think the "treat" part of this product is effective,
pretty useless if you ask me...
i actually removed and chucked the entire half of that product
on my previous one.
unfortunately they do not sell the "tame" part separate :(



*HERE IS THE EYEBROW KIT & TAME IN ACTION*




and oh yeah i cut all my hair off

2 comments:

  1. YOUR HAIR! IT'S BEAUTIFUL ASDFDKA;GLA
    *cough* anyways....
    Great elf haul :D!
    I've been wondering how the eyebrow kit works (before I waste more of my money on cosmetic goods xD)
    I love the coral blush too! It's so amazing and cheap that sometimes I wonder if it was made out of unicorn tears...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr, it's kinda sad cause i don't use the eyebrow kit as much as i thought i would just because i have short hair now, and i like darker brows for fall&winter

      Delete