Monday, May 21, 2012

FOUNDATION ROUTINE

 i have a combination of dry skin and oily skin,
which is a pain because my skin likes to break out during different seasons,
the worst seasons for me are winter and early spring
because it tends to be dry and cold which makes the dryer parts EVEN MORE DRY.
and i break out more on my "dry" areas than my oily. 

*I decided to do it in my room because the natural light actually shows my flaws better than*
the bathroom lighting

soo... let's get started.


the acne has been easing off, but last month i had a huge breakout.
leaving me with countless acne scars from my forehead down my jaw and chin.
basically it's like a round frame around my face.
or basically like this, red indicates the area
SO HERE ARE THE PRODUCTS I USE

STEP ONE: Moisturize your face & neck. Try to avoid using one that leaves a very slippery or oily type of complexion. Even if you have oily skin use a oil free moisturizer, it DOES help reduce excess oil on your skin and if you have dry skin (like me) MUST MUST MUST use. unless you like flakey skin then skip this step.


STEP TWO: Take a primer and apply a generous amount. *you can choose to use the primer if you don't have a moisturizer or vice versa* Using a primer will make foundation last longer and even out skin tone even more than JUST using a moisturizer. Because primers do absorb excess oil (if you get a good one)


STEP THREE: Taking your foundation and apply it. I use two different foundations and mix them together to achieve a) appropriate skin tone for me and b) right texture for my skin. I could use each separately or buy a new foundation. However it IS hard for me to find one that is suitable for me. If i use the sephora one alone, it makes my skin very oily and i break out all over my face. If i use the rimmel one, after a while it starts creasing and making my skin really dry and then breaking out. Mixing it has proven the best for me, as it lasts longer and i don't experience bipolar skin *lack of better terms*



i am noseless LOL VOLDEMORT I AM. stupid camera makes me so white.
i swear it's not white like this in person =  =
HERE IS A COMPARISON 

This is how I do my foundation,
some days i find it better to not use foundation at all.
I do set it with loose powder and also the UD long lasting makeup setting spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment