Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Eyebrow Routine

One thing that I am actually extremely conscious about is my eyebrows.
Even if I am going out without makeup to see friends or anyone...
I need to do my eyebrows.
My eyebrows before I shaped them were horendous.
LIKE THEY WERE THICK AND NO SHAPE.
and they weren't long either... semi half ish.
The first time I did my brows I didn't do it professionally.
GRABBED A PAIR OF TWEEZERS AND PLUCKED AWAY.
^worst decision ever^
*IF YOU SHAPE YOUR EYEBROWS FOR FIRST TIME DO IT PROFESSIONALLY*
but you learn from mistakes and you get better at them.
Now I do my boyfriend's eyebrows too :D HAHA.
So there are proportions for eyebrows if you didn't know.
Basically to see where your eyebrows start use a pencil and line it:
The front of your eyebrows should be straight from your nose (white line)
Your arch should be a 45degree from your nose (light pink line)
And the end should be lined from the outer corner of your eye.

As you notice I have half and very faint eyebrows..
why? BECAUSE I CAN CONTROL THE SHAPE :D
and i trim them short because then if i have lighter hair my eyebrow pencil will show,
and my eyebrows will match/blend with my hair colour easier :]

For filling/drawing in my eyebrows... I use 2 different pencils.
One lighter colour [front part to arch]
One darker colour [arch to end]
I do that so the arch and end are better defined.
then blending with the "eyebrow brush"
 
Step One : taking a pair of tweezers pluck out any stray hairs


 Step Two: take your lighter eyebrow pencil and fill in the eyebrow then use the brush and blend



Step Three : then take a darker colour eyebrow pencil and define the arch and ending to your desired shape. then blend again with a brush.




*try to keep your eyebrow pencils similar tones so it is easier to blend
* if your eyebrow pencil wipes easily or you have oily skin, use a similar colour matte eyeshadow and set it
*your eyebrows don't have to be exactly the same, they are compliments of each other!
*THIS IS HOW I DO MY OWN EYEBROWS, YOUR EYEBROWS ARE DIFFERENT, ADJUST TO YOUR OWN FACE SHAPE*

No comments:

Post a Comment